Vegan Holiday Chocolate BarkDecember 21, 2017
Vegan BBQ Jackfruit “Pulled Pork”January 24, 2018
Why buy vegan cheese sauce from the store when you can make your own. It’s easy…with only a handful of ingredients. And it’s so good!
Put this cheese sauce on top of our Vegan Logan Nachos for a guilt-free indulgence!
Vegan Nacho Cheese
Author: Mark Reinfeld - The Doctor & The Chef
Recipe type: Condiment
- 1 ¼ cups peeled and chopped white potato, ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup peeled and chopped carrot, ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 4- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 cup water or vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, optional
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- Place potato, carrot, onion, and garlic in a pot and fill pot with ample water to cover. Place over medium high heat, and cook until vegetables are tender, approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain well and reserve 1 cup of cooking liquid. Place cooked vegetables in blender with remaining ingredients, and reserved 1 cup of water and blend until creamy.
Sponsored and paid for by Natural Grocers.