Vegan Nacho CheeseJanuary 24, 2018
Vegan Loaded Nachos with BBQ “Pulled Pork”January 25, 2018
The vegan gods have blessed us with the most amazing “fruits” of all time. Jackfruit has a meaty texture and will take on the flavor of the sauce that it’s in. So making a hearty “pull pork” substitute is easy and very tasty. Jackfruit can be found canned in a water or brine in the grocery store or fresh in some small marketplaces. This easy BBQ recipe is perfect on top of our Loaded Nachos!
Vegan BBQ Jackfruit "Pulled Pork"
Author: Mark Reinfeld - The Doctor & The Chef
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 can Jackfruit, 7.9 ounces, 1 ¾ cups
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ⅓ cup BBQ sauce, try smoky maple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the jackfruit, onion, olive oil, garlic, liquid smoke, salt, and chipotle powder in a baking dish and mix well. Cover, place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Add the BBQ sauce, mix well, and cook for 15 minutes. Stir well before serving.
Sponsored and paid for by Natural Grocers.